Clinical examinations for doctors, medical student exams, finals, OSCEs and MRCP PACES
Medical examinations and exam questions for medical students, finals, OSCEs, PACES and USMLE
- Cardiovascular Examination
- Cardiovascular examination – summary (with downloadable notes)
- Cardiovascular exam – detailed
- OSCE and PACES questions about the cardiovascular examination (30 extended questions)
- Respiratory Examination
- Respiratory Examination – summary (with downloadable notes and videos)
- Respiratory exam – detailed
- Abdominal Examination
- Neurological Examinations
- Upper and Lower Limb (Peripheral) Neurological Examination
- Cranial Nerve Examination
- Questions about the cranial nerve examination – olfactory nerve (I)
- Questions about the cranial nerve examination – optic nerve (II)
- Questions about the cranial nerve examination – oculomotor (III), trochlear (IV) & abducens (VI)
- Questions about the cranial nerve examination – trigeminal nerve (V)
- Questions about the cranial nerve examination – facial nerve (VII)
- Questions about the cranial nerve examination – vestibulocochlear nerve (VIII)
- Questions about the cranial nerve examination – glossopharyngeal (IX), vagus (X) and hypoglossal nerves (XII)
- ENT examinations
- Vascular Examinations
- Thyroid Examination
- Neck Examination
- Breast Examination
- Acromegaly Examination
- Fluid status examination
Questions about clinical examinations
- Questions about the cardiovascular exam
- What are the causes of clubbing?
- What are the causes of atrial fibrillation?
- What are the factors to distinguish the jugular venous from the carotid arterial pulse?
- What are the abnormalities of the waveform of the jugular venous pulsation?
- What are the different murmurs and clinical findings in the common valvular lesions?
- What are the abnormalities of the heart sounds (relevance of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th heart sounds)?
- What are the grades of murmur intensity (Levine scale)?
- What is the differential diagnosis of differently timed murmurs?
- Questions about the respiratory exam
- What are the categories of lung disease?
- What are the causes of tachypnoea and bradypnoea?
- What are possible nail findings in lung disease?
- What are the causes of tracheal deviation?
- What are the types of percussion note?
- What is the significance of different sputum types?
- What is the significance of different cough types?
- What are the types of abnormal breath sounds?
- Questions about the gastrointestinal exam
- Questions about hepatomegaly
- Questions about splenomegaly
- Questions about hepatosplenomegaly
- Questions about compensated chronic liver disease
- Questions about jaundice
- What are the GI causes of clubbing?
- What are the different types of stoma? (ileostomy vs colonostomy)
- What are the causes of general abdominal distention?
- How to describe a mass or lump in a medical exam?
- Cardiovascular Examination Checklist
- Cranial Nerve Examination Checklist
- Lower Limb Neuro Examination Checklist
- Respiratory Examination Checklist
- Upper Limb Neuro Examination Checklist